What is it and how to perform a detailed engineering (Part 4)
In this last entry on detailed engineering classify the main activities carried out by each department involved in a project of this caliber.
Main activities detailed engineering
- Department of Infrastructure.
- Department of architecture and construction.
- Department of mechanics. Mechanical equipment installations.
- Department of electrical equipment and installations.
- Department piping.
- Department of Instrumentation automation and control.
- technical coordination between departments
Department of Infrastructure
It includes all work related to the field where you will place the project.
To give an example of coordination between departments, the infrastructure must work together with those engaged in water and sanitation networks, process piping and underground cables.
Department of Architecture and Construction
This department and its participation will depend on the type of project. If it is a chemical plant, just it has relevance, but if we speak of a pharmaceutical laboratory, will be vital to their work.
For buildings (whether in production, services, energy, etc.) this department will handle topics such as distribution, number of floors, walls, floors, roofs, carpentry, plumbing, finishes.
Department of mechanics. Mechanical equipment installations
The mechanics is a department with a lot of participation in any industrial project. From basic engineering will calculate, will design and select most of the process equipment. It will issue specifications for each team and that the purchasing department is based.
It will also be responsible for the study and approval of plans for equipment vendors.
Department of electrical equipment and installations
In this department corresponds the study and definition of the following:
- High voltage power.
- Voltage transformers.
- Engine control Center.
- Power panels.
- Hazardous area classification.
- Lighting and power networks.
- Distribution ditches and trays.
- Ground network.
- Emergency systems.
- Data networks and telephony.
- Special facilities: intercoms, doorbells, protection against lightning, facilities security against theft, restricted access systems.
Piping department participates prominently in the case of refineries, chemical and petrochemical plants and conventional thermal or nuclear power plants.
Pipes for auxiliary services and general facilities not usually offer special problems, not pipes process requiring a comprehensive study on the following aspects:
- Material specifications.
- final implementation.
- Selection of valves and fittings.
- Floorplans, elevations and sections.
- Plans isometrics.
- Calculation and analysis flexibility.
- Definition of pipe supports and valves.
Department of Instrumentation and Control Automation
This department will be responsible for aspects:
- Sized instruments.
- Preparation of data sheets.
- Status of the instruments.
- Control loops.
- List of drivers.
technical coordination between departments
Having come this far, the importance of the relationship between the various departments and their work is evident. In many cases one's work is the basis for the next develop yours. This makes interdepartmental coordination is essential for the proper development of the project.
Want more information on the development of detailed engineering appropriate to the specific needs of an industrial plant? contact with us and we will advise you without obligation.