What do you know of chemical laboratory reactors?
Today there are many types of chemical reactors industrial engineer which can be classified according to the mode of operation, internal flow rate, according to the phases, among others, although in this article we will discover you the most interesting to choose a laboratory reactor pressure.
Remember that a chemical reactor device in which a chemical reaction occurs, the container into which this phenomenon occurs.
Do you dare to dive into the world of laboratory reactor Pressure?
- What is a pressurized laboratory reactor?
- Types of pressure laboratory reactors.
- How to choose the type of reactor laboratory?
- Advantages of pressurized reactors laboratories IDI SL.
1. What is a pressurized laboratory reactor in industrial engineering?
The pressure reactors with agitation are used for chemical reactions under pressure as hydrogenations, development of polymers and catalysts Laboratories R & D and production in pilot plants. They can work with interchangeable glasses, steel high pressure and high temperature, different volumes, while powerful agitation systems ensure magnetic coupling with efficient stirring (high viscosity).
Laboratory reactors are made of different volumes according to applications: from 10 ml to 5 l the most common, but there are also 20 l and even 500 l.
These teams industrial engineer are made of glass or metal, provided consisting of two parts: the cylinder where the reaction mixture and the lid where containing the different valves, fittings, instruments validation and security elements is introduced.
2. What types of laboratory reactor no pressure in industrial plants
Being transparent for observing the progress of the reactions, which provides very useful information on color changes aggregation state ... A disadvantage, they are not susceptible to work at medium or high pressures.
Usually stainless steel AISI 316, although titanium, nickel, zirconium and other alloys. Allow work at higher temperatures and pressures up to hundreds of atmospheres and about 500 ° C.
Most organic reactions can be performed in stainless steel, although others corrosion resistant alloys for use in reactions with acids, bases, salts or corrosive gases.
Another option is to use a glaze glass or teflon located within the metal cylinder to prevent direct contact of the reaction mixture, which requires a special coating to the inside of the lid.
In the reactor cover, which is usually screwed by a metal ring closure system ensures airtightness can be incorporated valves or connections to allow the gas inlet, sampling, measuring internal parameters or safety elements.
3. How to choose the type of reactor in industrial engineering laboratory?
These are the factors to consider when selecting the type of reactor:
- As the reaction vessel: it is recommended that the load of the reaction mixture does not exceed 2/3 of the free volume of the equipment.
- internal pressure.
- Working temperature Maximum working.
- Mounting Type.
- Heating system: heating mantle, jacket, etc.
- Deciding whether or not the necessary agitation. In the first case, usually a mechanical stirrer used.
4. Advantages of pressurized reactors laboratories IDI SL
IDI SL products offer the following advantages over the other teams in the market for industrial plants:
- Volume range. We can develop the laboratory reactor that best suits the needs of your company, with kits of 1 l to 1,000 l.
- In any type of material, for this to get the equipment meets the requirements set.
- Personalized design depending on each case and unique and personalized way.
- Ability to work at pressures and temperatures.
- Have the guarantee of SDI SL as experts and reference in the sector.
- Mounting workshop almost the entire team to minimize the work plan.
Want to learn more about IDI SL laboratory reactors for industrial plants? Ask us and we will inform you without obligation.